Working hard to "CEIL THE DEAL"

Ceil Mills
HomeSmart Real Estate
Phoenix, AZ

623-308-7291
ceilmills@cox.net

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America

Yesterday no blog, due to the fact that I was driving all over the state to "Ceil the Deal" for some clients so they can move into their new home!

Ahhh July 4th....
"Our country may be likened to a new house. We lack many things, but we possess the most precious of all----liberty!" James Monroe

What's your July 4th first memory?
Mine is all of us Pelletier kids piling into the family station wagon and heading for Pecks Lake in Clarkdale, AZ. Cars lined the edges of the lake from all over the Verde Valley. Kids running around the cars playing around until darkness settled in and the OOOO's and AHHH's began. As we got older we were able to sit on our rooftop at home to watch. What a treat that was, a bowl of popcorn and sitting on the roof.

As an citizen and patriot of this free nation I grew up in a family that served our community, and country. Whether it was through scouting programs, community service to the elderly, VFW, American Legion or the sacrifice of committing years into Military Service. My Dad is Navy, through and through, many of my Uncles as well. My 2 older brothers served during Vietnam, 1 in the Navy and 1 in the Army, my husband of 31 years served in the Army as well during Vietnam. Our future Son in Law recently finished his 2 tours in Iraq as a Marine Sgt. Today whenever I see a Vet, active or retired I thank them for their service. So many are forgotten, but not by me. Sounds like I am rambling as though it is Veterans Day.........I'm not, just reflecting that without our brave men and women in service, we would not have our Liberty and Freedom and the ABILITY to celebrate our Nation's Birthday!

So here is a little History trivia for you today....
What do the colors of the American Flag stand for?

Red - Hardiness and Valour
The spilled blood of our Patriots
White -Purity and Innocence
Blue - Vigilance, Perseverance, Justice

Today go forth, eat, drink, wear red, white and blue, watch fireworks and ask yourself.....
Am I a Patriot? What do I do for my country?

Perhaps this is the year you will make a stand for your nation, no matter what the cause, no matter how small.