Working hard to "CEIL THE DEAL"

Ceil Mills
HomeSmart Real Estate
Phoenix, AZ

623-308-7291
ceilmills@cox.net

Monday, December 8, 2008

Deck the Halls

'Tis the season and all......I love decorating the house for Christmas, listening to Christmas Carols, writing the cards, etc. Somehow this year the days are slipping toward Christmas faster than usual and I finally got the tree decorated last night. I love my tree. After years of handcrafted ornaments made with pine cones, Popsicle sticks and pictures with toothless grins I want a "theme" tree. Something beautiful with select ornaments of my choosing. With colors of my choosing, maybe coppers and gold with jewel tones instead of red and green.

I have always felt a tad guilty over this since the kids DID make those treasures for us and my husband DOES love the idea of a "traditional" tree with the all the family ornaments through the years, with kid garland and the train circling the bottom of the tree.

As the kids have grown up they still want the house decorated, candles burning and the tree trimmed, but they don't really want to take part or extend the effort on either end of the decorating process, the set up or the re-packing for next year.

Last night pretty much helped me get over my guilt of wanting a tree MY way. It took several hours of laying things out just getting the lights, ornaments, garland etc, prepped to go on the tree in the order I like. About 3pm our youngest daughter now 19, woke from her nap, she came out and sat while I was on a ladder reaching for the top branches. I asked if she would like to help. Her comment was "No, not really." She then told me she had to get ready to go to her friends house, to help HER mother decorate their tree!

That pretty much told me everything and absolved me from all guilt I have suffered over the years. Our children don't really care WHO puts the tree up or what it looks like.

Done. Tree is up, the way I like it. My way, with my colors, and I may spite them even a little more and put singing bird ornaments on the thing!