Working hard to "CEIL THE DEAL"

Ceil Mills
HomeSmart Real Estate
Phoenix, AZ

623-308-7291
ceilmills@cox.net

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Red Shoes

I do believe today is a good day to wear my red shoes. Men sport red power ties, I have my red shoes.

It is amazing how a new pair of shoes can make a difference in someones countenance. Little kids will lift a foot as high as they can to show off their new shoes to anyone. The best EVER is if their little shoes light up! In Jr High and High school settings, the desired pair of designer sneakers may dictate or decide what social group teens hang with. Some adults must have designer labels on the soles of their shoes to feel validated. Of course buying them at a discount outlet is fine, they just need the label. I have been privy to conversations where women admit to judging a man immediately on the spot simply by the pair of shoes he is wearing.

Our oldest daughter appreciates her shoes. She has a closet devoted to them. They live in neat little rows and special bags and boxes under a chandelier. A plaque hangs over the door announcing "One shoe can change your life....Cinderella" For her birthday last year I found a little book that explained how you tell a woman's moods by her shoes! I do not believe my offspring worships her shoes, she appreciates them. It's not the shoes she loves, but the way they make her feel, and yes, even change her mood.

So today I will wear my red shoes. I call them my fierce red shoes. They look like cowboy boots so I will be able to tread through the bull. They have heels so I feel a tad elevated above whatever muck the day may bring. They have a fancy silver buckle because I believe that sometimes the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.....thank you Steel Magnolias. They are leather tooled, which brings a personal element and touch to them. And by golly they are RED! Which could be interpreted as a holiday color or sign of self confidence.

Nope, just a warning....Don't mess with me today.